Angry New Yorker

Thursday, October 07, 2004
 
Being the political wonk I am, I was scanning the tentative 10/06/04 list earlier of New York candidates for every race being held in the coming November general election, and to my disgust, my Assemblyman and State Senator's are both running unopposed. One's a Republican, one's a Democrat, and while I'm a staunch Republican I don't think *any* candidate should head into an election unopposed. That's not democracy in action - that's democracy by default, which isn't the real deal. (The NYC Board of Elections Candidates list is available here http://vote.nyc.ny.us/candidatesList.jsp

Let's end the cause of these one-horse races: political Gerrymandering. Only by ending safe district Gerrymandering can we bring vigorous races for office back to the people of New York!


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?