Angry New Yorker

Saturday, June 05, 2004
 
Ronald W. Reagan - February 6, 1911 - June 5, 2004

I remember how strongly I opposed Reagan as president back in the 1980's. My Dad, listening to my sputtering, simply said my opinion would change as I got older. At the time I was absolutely certain it wouldn't. I was wrong. My Dad was right.

Today, firmly in the Republican camp, and watching Reagan's inaugurial address on C-SPAN as I type this, I realize this country needs men like Reagan today more than ever. History will, and I argue has, judged him to be one of the strongest presidents of the 20th century, who was exactly what the country needed exactly when it needed it.

Thank you, Mr. President.
“Whatever else history may say about me when I’m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty’s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity’s arm steadying your way.”
- Ronald Reagan


For more information about President Reagan:


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?