Angry New Yorker

Tuesday, April 29, 2003
 
Cabbie, my Cabbie!
Ok, what's the tipping point for you? When does the final straw get piled on that presses you to conclude, "That's it, I can't stands no more." I don't know, yet. But granting cabdrivers a 44% fair increase is right in the ballpark.

From The Daily News:
"Time to drive up the fare, cabbies say
by Pete Donohue, Daily News Staff Writer
A taxi drivers' group wants a huge 44% fare increase, saying hacks can't hack it on the money they make.
The New York Taxi Workers Alliance called for the hike yesterday, less than a week before subway and bus fares are to rise. The last taxi fare increase came in 1996 - just months after the last bus and subway fare boost.
" [more]

44%!! I wish I could "petition" someone for a 44% raise.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?